Thursday, December 27, 2007

Photo and Image Storage

My favorite has to be Photobucket.com but maybe that's just because I've been using them for so long. Navigation and custom folders and subfolders are all very easy to set up. There's also Flickr and Snapfish.

ALSO SEE: How to Leech Pictures from Flickr or Google Images

And have a look at these fun thingamabobs: MyPictures3D for the ultimate in picture organizing and saving and sharing and also see the virtual reality fun of 3Dna, which is kind of hard to explain so you just have to go see it -- you can organize all your files and links with it.

Dumpr (an odd name) is a fun online utility for playing around with and then sharing your image files. Place your image on display at a museum with onlookers or put it on a Rubik's Cube, among other things. Many links for instant posting to blogs and such.

Here's a few examples:

An old family photo in the "museum setting." I'm the little geeky kid in the middle.

A photo of writer/director/producer/actor/computer genius Ben Affleck done up as a "pencil sketch."

A picture of me with the "alien effect." Yeah, I know, I know... this is what I look like in the early morning before I've had my cup of coffee. LOL.

Me, as a "rubik's cube."

No, you DON'T have to be stuck just linking to them like I did here. As stated, they can directly link your picture to many different places including blogs and MySpace and Facebook, etc. Plus, you can save any image to your hard drive.

Picture Trail lets you create imaginative slideshows with your pictures then store and share them with others. I know Photobucket does the slideshow thing, too, but it's pretty standard - one picture after another rotation. Picture Trail takes that a step further.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home