Saturday, December 29, 2007

The 15-Minute Dating Blog

Great idea -- a blog for dating horror stories. I think we've all got probably at least one, if not more. Ya think?

Here's the
blog.

Their "five most popular posts" at the time of me writing this post:

50 Reasons Why Young Women Should Date Older Men
The Fifty Worst Pick-Up Lines of All Time
To Date or Not to Date a Famous Person: One girl's true account Online Dating Profile Dictionary
Still Looking At This Late Date: My Online Dating Experiences
Have fun.

Hmmm... well, why not. Here's a dating horror story of my own:

When I was in high school, I believed in abstinence before marriage. Not just to not have sex before marriage but to also take good care of your body in other ways, like not taking drugs. Of course, I think I started smoking cigarettes during my high school years so I didn't always stay on the straight and narrow.

But I did enough that it annoyed a group of my peers, mostly boys, who took bets on who would be the first to, well, you know... and there had to be proof, as in eyewitnesses.

So I was going to be set up.

Ha ha... this is so great. You see, teenage boys can't help bragging and this one boy was bragging about making a "conquest" of me before it ever happened, going into minute detail of his plot and how it would all happen with ALL the other boys invited to be eyewitnesses to the event.

One of those boys was my best friend's deep-romance-committed-for-life (as only 15-year-old romances can be) boyfriend. He told her everything.

And she told me everything. Boyfriend love vs. girlfriend loyalty? There's no contest.

And we, in turn, told a couple of the girls in our little crowd or clique and we girls planned our revenge. For something that hadn't even happened. Yet.

The magic moment arrives and I allow this boy to persuade me to leave a party and just go sit outside in his car and "talk." Then there was some kissing. He was medium-okay at that but you can't expect perfection from a male of that age group.

Then he says, "Let's get in the back seat."

M'kay...

And as we sink below seat level, the dummies that were creeping up to the outside of the car, surrounding it so they could all peek in through the windows, weren't even that careful and I could actually hear them sneaking up to the car.

I pretended to be carried away by passion.

Heh heh...

And when I was pretty sure the witnesses were all in place, about to bounce up and eyewitness something that was never going to happen, I started laughing out LOUD.

The boy says, annoyed, "What are you laughing at?"

I answer, "But, I didn't know it would be so little!!!!" Oh, the heads started popping up in the windows at that.

Then there were bright flashes of light, flashbulbs popping, and the boys outside the car were yelling, "Hey!" and "What the -- [fill in your favorite expetive]!" and the three other girls in MY plot were standing on the curb across the street, waving their little cameras and laughing their asses off, too.

I sat up, said "Toodles!" and scrambled back to the front seat and was out the passenger door then laughing as I joined my girlfriends across the street.

The best-never-laid plans of mice and teenage boys...

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cindy said...

Hi there this is Cindy, the owner of the 15 minute dating blog. I just read your story which I thought it was really funny! Just couldn't stop from laughing out loud after I read it. Would you be interested in becoming a guest writer and posting your story on my site? let me know at info@15minuteDate.com. Cheers :)

8:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home