Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Demeter Fun Fragrances

I remember after yet another mostly boring day at high school while hanging out with one of my hippie girlfriends, that she was burning the most delicious-smelling incense so I asked her what fragrance that was (I'd been in the Sandlewood rut far too long and needed to break out). She told me, "It's jasmine." Mmmmm... jasmine became my new favorite fragrance... for everything. Now, some forty years later, Jasmin by Le Galion is still my favorite fragrance (Chanel No. 5 and No. 19 being close seconds).

I so love the scents of Mother Nature that even the ones that can only pretend they smell like something natural so they "borrow" the name, will at least catch my attention long enough to investigate. I hate it when something that you expect to be light and natural with a slight citrus or floral base smells like the inside of a steel factory with a heavy metallic odor. Or worse, it smells like the inside of a dungeon. Or worst of all, smells like an armpit.

My first year of college was devoted to a natural "rain" scent toilet water that was very light, almost-not-there-at-all light, with no perfumy odor. Just a hint of something soft. Of course, it smelled nothing like real rain.

Then I loved the fragrance of just stepping out of the shower and smelling like soap. Just being fresh and clean was the best scent of all. So, when Love's Baby Soft came out, I thought that was a great concept - to make a fragrance that smelled like baby powder. Unfortunately, the result was a bit strident, a bit mediciney, for my liking. The stench could be overpowering if too much got used.

I think I've probably posted about Demeter once before, in a list of places online that looked to be an interesting visit when web surfing. And here it is again since I just ran across the name once more.

Demeter carries all sorts of heretofore unimaginable as fragrances fragrances. Some scents they carry are: Cotton Candy, Grass, Suntan Lotion, Pink Lemonade, Angel Food, Apple Pie, Sushi, Fireplace, Pipe Tobacco, Cocktail, Cinnamon Bun, Graham, and Glue. True, all their various scents are packaged and marketed as to-be-worn-on-a-person fragrances, but I'm guessing some of their wilder flavors might be good room scents.

VISIT THE WEBSITE

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home