Saturday, December 24, 2005

Chad Everett's Private Photo Album

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Okay, true confession. Chad Everett was a not so distant neighbor of mine in Granada Hills, Ca. (a neighborhood in the northwest San Fernando Valley which is just north of L.A. proper). I never met him but I did meet his Dad, the senior Mr. Everett, who was a sweet funny very smart man. There was a horrid brush fire one year that burned Chad Everett's house. I don't think he was able to salvage much and I remember being haunted by the thought of a neighbor losing their home. I worried that it could happen to us, too, but we were too far into the middle-class section of tract houses whereas Mr. Everett lived in the hills above us where the rich folks had homes built to order. When I met Chad Everett's Dad some years after that fire, I mentioned to him how it had just haunted me and he said his son never spoke of it anymore. Weird, huh?

So this little photo came from the Institute of Official Cheer which also includes The Gallery of Regrettable Food.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home