Friday, December 30, 2005

California's "Megan's Law" Goes Online

Now you can look the bastards up online HERE at the Ca. State Attorney General's Sex Offender Registry website.

You can search by name, zip code, county, city, school, park, etc. There's just one sex offender in the next town over from where I live. I looked up my sister's neighborhood and was not pleased to find there were two sex offenders (both pedophiles) around the corner from her house. Her 12 year old grandson (MY great-nephew) lives there with his mom, my niece.

You can click on individual offenders to get more information about them, including their specific crimes. ALL sex offenders are listed and that includes child molesters as well as rapists and other sexual offenders.

I was totally shocked to find someone I used to know and think of as a friend listed as a registered sex offender. His crime was sexual battery (which, in California is different from rape) and did not involve children. I wasn't even looking this guy up but his photo came up when I input one community's name and his face is unmistakeable due to having some facial deformities caused by a medical condition. The guy I used to know was very shy and sweet and very nice to talk to and nothing like you'd imagine a "sexual batterer" would be. I..am..shocked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home