Monday, November 12, 2007

Write Like a Babylonian


See your monogram in cuneiform, the way an ancient Babylonian might have written it. HERE'S MY "cuneiform:"

Oh my goodness, that cueiform mark looks a lot like the badge that all Star Trek officers wore on their uniforms (except, in the above picture, it's turned on its side). Wow. Talk of weird coincidences... or, maybe James T. Kirk or Jean-Luc Picard have been here already?

My online name of uhuru1701 is a combination of wanting to honor my friend Wamatu Njoroge from Kenya who taught me that "uhuru" is the Swahili word for freedom and I also get to pay tribute to my favorite TV series, "Star Trek" by using the hull number of the Starship Enterprise... 1701. One of the characters on the original Star Trek series is named "Lt. Uhura" and the actress who played her, Nichelle Nichols, suggested that name to Star Trek creator Gene Rodenberry because she also wanted to use a form of the Swahili word.

GET YOUR OWN CUNEIFORM NAME

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home