Wednesday, November 21, 2007

My Yahoo Avatar

Yahoo! Avatars

I'm not exactly sure why I have a Yahoo avatar because I'm not into chat rooms and instant messaging but I do go to Yahoo Answers on occasion and try to help people out. I just stumbled onto the whole "make-your-own-avatar" thing and it looked like fun, so here it is.

She's a long blonde-haired hippie in raggy jeans and peasant blouse with love beads and showing the peace sign. The suitcase is there because I've lived all over the world and because I've travelled (by car) all over the United States. I'm not from New York but they didn't seem to have a suitcase with an "I Love L.A." sticker or I would have taken that one. And I've only ever been to Buffalo, New York and that's only because I went to the Canadian side of Niagara Falls and we decided to visit Buffalo just to add New York to the list of States we'd been to (my Mom and Grandma and brother and me).

My little black Kitty is there beside me as he always is in real life. Except now, as I type this, because it's early morning and I've just given my Mom her morning insulin and Kitty knows this is the time when I now go outside for a smoke and a cup of coffee and he gets locked up in a bedroom while I'm outside. He hates that but Kitty knows how to open the screen door so he'd escape to the outdoors in a heartbeat if he could. And, every time Kitty makes it outside, he costs me hundreds of dollars in vet bills (other cats beat him up or he eats something bad or something terrible happens). Kitty is forever an indoor cat.

Anyway, in anticipation of being locked up, Kitty is hiding under my Mom's hospital bed. Kitty forgets he has a long tail and it always gives him away. He cracks me up. But, my arthritis won't let me bend to get him so I have to trick him out from under that bed. I know he'd much rather be sitting on his Kitty tree by the big picture window, spying on the sqirrels and birds in th eback yard. It's only a matter of time. If he thinks I've forgotten about him, he'll come slinking over to his Kitty tree. So here I am at the computer, typing away.

So... there you have my hippie avatar. Make love not war.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home